Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Paiden

A few weeks ago my sweet baby boy turned4. The night before I spent the evening looking at pictures of Paiden before he became "Paidzilla" or "Zilla" as we often call the firecracker of energy that runs through our home.

He was born at 12:53 am weighing in at 8lbs 14oz and 21inches, it was a huge joke because my Poppa Bear (aka father in law) had made a bet with that Paiden wouldn't weigh over 6lbs.

Paiden is the baby of our home and he knows it, he can get away with stuff that Avery could have only dreamed of. He will often sneak into the bathroom while someone is showering and flush the toilet and then bolt it up stairs, he also hides under our beds to scare us as we walk by.

But there is another side of Paiden that mostly I get to see. Everyone knows Paiden as the head strong "tank", but I know him as my sweet baby that will tell you his momma is the most beautiful woman in the world. I know the Paiden that crawls up into my bed and holds my arm like he's holding a teddy bear to fall back asleep. That cries when he knows he hurt Avery's feelings (which is often).

He has brought me so much joy as a mom, and he is the one who has taught me that a messy house will still be there, there will always be war in the world, and there will always be bills you may not be able to pay. But your children.....you only have them for a moment, and no moment is worth wasting.

No comments: