Friday, September 25, 2009

The Words on a Coloured Leaf

Avery was asked to make a list of things that she loved about her mommy, she could not go into detail, and she could only make a list of using one word.

My Momma
Beautiful
Funny
Loving
Patient
Cooking
Brave
Reading
Hero

So like any good nosey momma I asked her to tell me why she chose those words. I won’t repeat everything, but I just had to share this part.

Avery “mommy, you I have watched you walk away from your dreams to make me and Paiden your dream. I have watched you pack up your stuff to love on kids that don’t have a mommy. You have held me when I was sad and didn’t push me to talk. You get up every morning and make us a hot breakfast and you cook dinner even when your not here.
Mommy, you are such a good mommy”

As I sat there with tears in my eyes, I thought about all the things I have missed by working and dedicating my time to everything else in the world. And then I thought about the promise I made to my family…that they would come first from now on. And how just being there has made my daughter so proud.
I have realized it’s not always what you do with your moment here on earth…fame, wealth, and successfulness will pass when you leave this earth. But it’s the legacy you leave behind in the hearts of your children that carry on forever.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I am crying
That is sooo sweet
Alabama you are such an awsome Mommy